Make sure to mark your calendars next week, April 7 – 13 as it is National Public Health Week! The first full week of April has been deemed by the American Public Health Association as the week to celebrate all things public health. We have been very fortunate to work with various public health entities throughout the years and recognize the importance and value of public health promotion.
Daily themes have been selected with valuable resources and ideas available. Make sure to click on the daily theme links to get further information for each day!
- Monday, April 7: Be healthy from the start – From maternal health and school nutrition to emergency preparedness, public health starts at home.
- Tuesday, April 8: Don’t panic – Disaster preparedness starts with community-wide commitment and action.
- Wednesday, April 9: Get out ahead – Prevention is now a nationwide priority.
- Thursday, April 10: Eat well – The system that keeps our nation’s food safe and healthy is complex.
- Friday, April 11: Be the healthiest nation in one generation – Best practices for community health come from around the globe. We have a world of public health to show you.
Thanks to APHA for these great ideas! Make sure to spread the word!