Store sweet potatoes, a November Foods of the Month, in your kitchen for an easy side dish for dinner. Baked sweet potatoes are an excellent solution for dinner time because they take little preparation. The sweet taste of this vegetable is also a hit with kids.
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup and Brown Sugar
2 large sweet potatoes
1 tbsp. all-natural maple syrup
A sprinkle of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over each sweet potato for easier cooking.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil and place each sweet potato in the dish.
- Cook for about 45 minutes, until juices begin to run from the fork holes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut open each sweet potato. Drizzle the inside with the all-natural maple syrup and top with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Makes 2 servings