Thanksgiving is a time to spend with family and friends and to reflect on all the things that you are thankful for in your life. With this also comes the great Thanksgiving feast that can be full of indulgences. Moderation is always key when it comes to eating foods that are associated with this traditional meal. Since we are constantly talking about the importance of balancing the energy equation, we thought we would share some active ideas that you can do during Thanksgiving break to help stay balanced.
Here are 10 ways to be active during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Organize a flag football game on Thanksgiving Day.
- If possible, walk to the market for that item you forgot.
- Participate in a ‘Turkey Trot” Walk/Run as a family.
- Take a family walk after the big meal.
- Do a yoga DVD to unwind after the stress of the day.
- Do some early morning stretches to warm up for your mall run on Black Friday!
- Rake leaves outside and then let the kids play in them.
- If the weather is good, take a family bike ride.
- Conduct a dance party for those little kids that love to dance!
- Go to a Christmas tree farm to cut down your own tree.
What are some ways that your family stays active during the Thanksgiving break?