Mealtime conversation is a great time to find out what is going on with the kids at school, in their extracurricular activities and with their friends. A lot of times it is necessary to ask more specific questions in order to actually get a satisfying answer from your kids. They like to answer Yes and No, so use these 10 conversation starters to get them to open up:
- What was the best thing from your day today?
- What is one nice thing that the person next to you (across from you) does?
- What made you laugh today?
- Were you able to encourage some one today? How?
- What is one goal you have for tomorrow?
- Did you make some one smile today? What did they do/say?
- What are you most looking forward to today?
- High/low of the day?
- What was the best thing from practice today?
- What is one thing you learned today?