Just look at this picture for avocado grilled cheese and try not to get hungry! Creamy avocado, crunchy bread, salty cheese… what could be better? Maybe add some spinach for lots of vitamins and minerals? Yes, please! This avocado grilled cheese is such a delicious lunch and the great thing about it is that it will keep you feeling full for a very long time thanks to the good fats in the avocado and the fiber in the whole wheat toast. This is the perfect meal for anyone who is looking to add more vegetables to their diet without a lot of work. You will love it!
- 2 bread slices (whole wheat or whole grain)
- 2 tbsp. avocado, mashed
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheese
- Lay the slices of bread flat.
- Cut the avocado, remove the seed, then spread the avocado onto 1 piece of bread and add the spinach leaves. Add the piece of cheese on top of the spinach leaves, then top the slice with the avocado and spinach.
- Using a nonstick skillet on medium heat, cook the sandwich on each side for about 5 minutes, until golden brown and crispy and the cheese starts to become melty. Remove from heat.
- Cut, transfer to a plate and serve.