What to eat after an intense football practice? Fuel up with a protein packed lunch or snack! Tuna fish is not only high in protein, but low in fat and contains lots of healthy Omega 3 fatty acids.
Serve your child a healthy tuna fish sandwich after practice to ensure they play their best at the next big game!
Apple Tuna Sandwiches
1 can (6.5 ounces) tuna, packed in water
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 handful of spinach leaves (to top sandwich)
- Drain the water from the can of tuna.
- Put the tuna, celery, mayonnaise and mustard into a medium bowl and stir well.
- Spread the tuna mixture onto one slice of bread.
- Top with the apple slices and washed spinach leaves.
- Finish with the second slice of bread (optional).