Happy National Apple Month! Apples are also an OrganWise Guys Foods of the Month, and the perfect food for the fall. They are such a versatile food and can be used in anything from salads to desserts.
Here are some interesting apple facts:
- Americans eat about 120 apples apiece each year!
- Apples are nutritious because they contain lots of fiber, vitamins C, B6, and A, and potassium, as well as antioxidants.
- There are about 2500 known varieties grown in the United States.
- 36 states grow them with Washington, New York, Michigan, California, Pennsylvania, and Virginia being the top production states.
- Most are available all year round and are a perfect take-along snack anytime!
- Apples don’t require peeling so eat the skin because it contains healthy nutrients.
Try introducing several different apple varieties to kids using this interactive apple taste test worksheet. Taste testing is a really fun way to introduce new foods to kids where they may typically be more close minded about trying new things.
We would love to hear about your at-home taste tests! Share with us how it went and include any pictures of the finished worksheets on our Facebook page!