Let’s do an Apple Taste Test for National Apple Month! Apples are also an OrganWise Guys Foods of the Month for October, and the perfect food for the fall season. Apples are such a versatile food that can be used in anything from salads to desserts and they come in so many delicious varieties!
Chew on this interesting apple trivia:
- Americans eat approximately 120 apples apiece each year!
- Apples are nutritious because they contain lots of fiber, vitamins C, B6, and A, and potassium, as well as antioxidants.
- 2500 known varieties are grown in the United States.
- 36 states grow them with Washington, New York, Michigan, California, Pennsylvania, and Virginia being the top production states.
- Apples are available all year round and are a perfect take-along snack anytime!
- Apples don’t require peeling so eat the skin because it contains healthy nutrients.
A taste test is a really fun way to encourage kids to try a small sample of a new food where they may typically be more close-minded about trying new things. This interactive apple taste testing worksheet will help you introduce several different apple varieties and let’s them provide feedback.
We would love to hear about your at-home taste tests! Share with us how it went and include any pictures of the finished worksheets on our Facebook page!