Tilapia is a March Foods of the Month! Here is our favorite, healthy recipe for white fish. This makes for a healthy dinner idea during the week since it is so easy to prepare!
Baked Fish and Vegetables
4 frozen white fish fillets (cod, perch or tilapia; 4 oz each)
16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (be sure to defrost)
1 small diced onion
1 tsp. lemon juice or one fresh lemon, sliced thin
1 tbsp. fresh (chopped) or 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
4 10×12 inch tin foil squares
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place each fish fillet in center of a tin foil square.
- Take defrosted frozen vegetables and then add diced onion to a bowl and mix. Spoon vegetables around fillets.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice (or top with lemon slice) and add parsley on top. Fold ends of tin foil together to form leak-proof seal.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.