The best healthy lunch…
If you are anything like us, you want to have simple, easy to make lunches that are also nutritious. Lunches like these are even better if you can prepare them in bulk at the beginning of the week and grab them from the fridge before heading out the door in the morning. Not only is this much more convenient than having to purchase meals each day, but it is also much cheaper. That’s why we love this Broccoli Chicken Salad recipe.
This recipe for Broccoli Chicken Salad can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. We love it because it’s full of broccoli (a cruciferous vegetable), which is a January Foods of the Month. Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamin C. One serving has more than 220% of your daily requirement! It is also a good source of fiber and potassium.
This Broccoli Chicken Salad recipe is also packed full of protein thanks to the chicken, Greek yogurt and pumpkin seeds. If you decide to eat it on whole grain brain with a slice of cheese, you will also add more fiber and calcium to this nutrient packed meal. Or, enjoy it plain, it’s that delicious!
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a nonstick pan on medium heat, cook the chicken breasts until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Add the broccoli, sliced almonds and craisins to the chicken and mix well.
- Next, add in the honey, apple cider vinegar and plain Greek yogurt. Use a spoon to mix all ingredients together. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- For the best taste, let the flavors combine for 2 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.