Celery, a stem vegetable, is incredibly versatile. Thanks to its mild taste and crunchy texture, celery is a great addition to soups, salads, and it makes a great dipper for sauces. And, because of the natural well, or indentation, that celery has, it can be stuffed with all sorts of yummy flavors!
Enter the buffalo chicken celery… we love this recipe because it uses celery as a vessel to deliver a yummy serving of spicy, low-fat buffalo chicken. This buffalo chicken celery do not take long to make at all. Simply cook chicken breast, shred, toss with sauce, and scoop it into the celery. Serve these buffalo chicken sticks for a high protein, low-fat snack. They could even make a light lunch too if you make them ahead and bring them to work, or put them in your child’s lunchbox.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 2 inch sticks
- 1 tbsp. blue cheese crumbles, for topping
- Cook the chicken breast on medium low heat for about 15 minutes until no pink remains. Set aside and let cool. Once the chicken has cooled, use two forks to shred it.
- Next, use the same pan to melt the coconut oil on low heat on the stovetop. Mix in the hot sauce.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Use a spoon to transfer the chicken mixture to the wells of the celery.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.