Stone fruits like peaches are an August Foods of the Month! Peaches add a deliciously sweet bite to any sort of meal, whether it’s in baked goods, as part of a fruit salad, or if you opt for adding them to a more savory dish. This Caprese Salad with Peaches and Avocado a truly tasty example of how sweet peaches can bring out the flavor in dishes that are typically more salty or savory. In fact, this recipe sort of has the perfect blend of many different healthy foods. The fresh sliced mozzarella provides dairy and calcium, the tomato slices are full of Vitamins A and C, the avocado has a healthy dose of good fat, fiber and potassium and the peaches add more vitamins while also providing natural sugar sweetness. Wow… that is a lot of nutrition!
Make this recipe when you would normally serve a Caprese Salad and impress your friends and family with this colorful and gorgeous dish.
- 1/2 ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 1 large tomato, sliced thick
- 1/2 avocado sliced thin
- 1 peach, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar, drizzled
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, drizzled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Use a large, flat serving dish to assemble the salad.
- First add a tomato slice, followed by the mozzarella, the avocado, then the peach.
- Repeat this pattern until all ingredients are used.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then serve.