A tasty plant-based snack…
This quick and easy Chickpea Celery Dip recipe is a delicious plant-based snack. Enjoy this dip, which only takes a few minutes to eat, after school or after lunch. Usually, we think of celery as something that you use for dipping, but in this recipe, the celery is in the dip! Celery is also a stem vegetable, which is a March Foods of the Month.
We love that this Chickpea Celery Dip recipe is full of nutritious ingredients like chickpeas, celery, herbs and Greek yogurt. Chickpeas are packed with fiber, protein, and other important nutrients like magnesium, and iron. Celery is naturally very low in calories and provides some fiber too. Impress your friends with this dip recipes. It’s a fun way to put a stem vegetable in a dip. Serve with whole grain crackers, pretzels or pita chips.
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 chives, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the dip into a serving dish and serve with your favorite healthy crackers. Enjoy!