This simple Coconut Pineapple Smoothie recipe can be ready in just five minutes! The key to making smoothies in no time is to buy frozen, precut fruit. When the fruit is frozen, you don’t need to worry about it spoiling or going bad. Precut fruit means you don’t need to do any prep work, which is especially nice for fruits like coconut and pineapple.
Tropical fruits like coconut and pineapple have many health benefits, making this smoothie recipe a smart choice to start or end your day (smoothies can be breakfast or dessert!). Coconut is full of fiber and iron while also being very low in cholesterol and sodium. In this recipe the coconut makes the smoothie extra creamy and decadent. The pineapple adds a delicious touch of sweetness while also being very low in fat and high in Vitamin C and fiber.
Enjoy this tropical tasting treat on a hot summer day.
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup coconut chunks (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Pour into a tall glass. Top with unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish