A wholesome meal in under 30 minutes…
For those of you who are in a time crunch when it’s dinnertime, we have the perfect recipe for you! This Easy Baked Salmon and Veggies recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prepare, and bakes in the oven for another 25 minutes. It’s a wholesome meal that you can have on the table in exactly 30 minutes.
This dish is totally packed with nutrition too. The salmon is full of omega 3 fatty acids which help brain development and keep your skin healthy. Pick two types of vegetables – we chose broccoli and cherry tomatoes but you can use whatever you have on hand. The vegetables ensure that you are getting a healthy dose of Vitamins and minerals to keep your bodies running smoothly. Also, don’t forget the serving of protein that comes along with the salmon. It’s really a filling and delicious meal!
For those of you who want to add a bit more bulk to this meal, know that you can serve it over pasta or whole grain brown rice as well. Simply prepare the pasta or rice while the the salmon and vegetables bake in the oven. It will make the protein and vegetables last a bit longer and will help you feel fuller longer by adding more fiber to this perfect meal.
- 2 lb. salmon
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 package precut broccoli, or 1 large head broccoli, chopped into pieces
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the salmon in the center of a baking dish and add the sun-dried tomatoes on top. Add the cherry tomatoes on one side and the broccoli on the other.
- Drizzle the fish and the vegetables with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. The vegetables should look blistered and the fish should have some white fat coming out of it to indicate that it's fully cooked.
- Juice the lemon over the dish and serve plain or on top of pasta or brown rice.