If you like hummus, try this dip!
Who loves hummus? We do! Hummus is a tasty dip for veggies and crackers that is made with chickpeas. Since we enjoy hummus so much, why not experiment with a different type of bean? Beans like chickpeas, black beans, and Great Northern Beans are a January Foods of the Month. For this Easy White Bean Dip, we use Great Northern Beans.
The great thing about making your own dip is that it is cost-effective, and super simple. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to really customize your recipe to flavors that you love. For example, in this recipe, you could add some fresh rosemary instead of parsley or some red chili pepper flakes if you like spiciness. It’s fun to play around with the different combinations when you make your own foods! To make this Easy White Bean Dip, as well as any other bean dip, you will need a food processor or a blender. Other than that, it’s incredibly easy to make bean dips, like the title of this recipe suggests. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp. water (optional, if you want a chunkier dip omit)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the beans, garlic, cumin, salt, lemon juice, parsley, water, and half of the olive oil into the food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Turn food processor on low and add the rest of the olive oil.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if necessary. Serve with whole grain crackers and carrots.