What’s sweet and colorful and has lots of vitamins and minerals? FRUIT! Serve healthy fruit at your next football viewing party, or bring some pre-cut fruit slices with you to go if you are attending a football game. This easy fruit and yogurt dip is a healthy and tasty snack for your next football event!Fresh Fruit with Cinnamon Yogurt Dip
1 medium banana
1/4 cup 100% orange juice
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Core and slice the apple.
- Slice banana into thin circles.
- Peel the orange and break it into sections.
- Pour the orange juice into a small bowl.
- Dip the fruit pieces into the orange juice to prevent browning and arrange on a plate.
- Mix the yogurt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Use yogurt as a dip for the fruit.
When serving desserts at your football party, avoid sugary cookies or ice cream and choose vitamin packed fruits. Sweet and tasty tropical fruits make a great dessert to serve at your healthy football parties!
These tropical fruit kabobs are perfect for football viewing since they can be eaten right off the kabob. Try dipping these fruits into the cinnamon yogurt dip showed above!
Tropical Fruit Kabobs with Yogurt Dip
Adapted from: http://recipefinder.nal.usda.gov/index.php?mode=display&rec_id=148
2 kiwis peeled and cut in quarters
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 cup mango chunks
1 cup seedless red grapes
1 cup stemmed strawberries
8 – 6 inches long bamboo skewers or toothpicks
1 cup low fat, Greek yogurt (Greek yogurt has more protein than other types!)
- Place fruit chunks on bamboo skewers. Place fruit kabobs on platter.
- Add the low-fat Greek yogurt to a serving bowl. Serve kabobs with yogurt on the side.
Alternative – If you do not have skewers, place the fruit in a bowl and let people use forks or toothpicks to pick up pieces to dip in the yogurt.