We didn’t believe it when we saw a similar recipe for these brownies. Could something with no sugar, butter, or flour really look (and taste) this decadent? We had to try it! And after making it we promise… the result tastes just as good as the picture looks. Would you believe that this gorgeous final product is made simply by combining banana, cocoa powder and almond butter (nuts are an April Foods of the Month)? We add sea salt to the top to get the fourth ingredient for our Four Ingredient Brownie recipe.
You will certainly impress your family and friends by showing up with this healthy recipe. The best part is that you probably have all of these ingredients already in your kitchen!
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Sprinkle of sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a potato masher or two forks to mash the bananas.
- Microwave the almond butter in a microwave safe dish for 20-30 seconds until it becomes melted.
- Add the melted almond butter and cocoa powder to the mashed banana and mix thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Line a small baking dish (we used an 11 x 7 glass dish to make the brownies thicker) with parchment paper. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Eat warm or store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Optional: For an even smoother consistency, use an immersion blender to blend all ingredients more.