Summer is in full swing and it’s quite possible that the kids may even have a little bit of that summer boredom setting in. Maybe it’s too early for that, but nonetheless, we have a simple and healthy idea for the kids. Berries, an OrganWise Guys Foods of the Month, are a fantastic food to be eating all summer long because of their refreshing taste and also the health benefits that come along with eating them.
First, here are some tips and helpful information about berries:
- Summertime is when berries are in peak harvest.
- Berries are packed with vitamin C, potassium, fiber and are full of antioxidants.
- They should be dry, firm, well-shaped, and eaten within a week after purchase.
- Berries freeze well and can be used frozen for yummy smoothies.
- To save money, buy ‘in season’ berries for a more ripe and flavorful taste.
- Eat your favorite berries at room temperature for fullest flavor.
Now, to cure that summer boredom, try this interactive taste test worksheet to have the kids sample some of these tasty berries! This is a really fun way to introduce new foods to kids where they may typically be more close minded about trying new things.
We would love to hear about your at-home taste tests! Share with us how it went and include any pictures of the finished worksheets on our Facebook page!
Here’s to trying new berries!