Tropical fruits are a July Foods of the Month! Did you know that you can make tasty salsas with these fruits that we highlight in July? This sweet take on regular tomato salsa is perfect for snacking and also tastes great as a topping for fish or chicken. Try this healthy fruit salsa during your next summertime meal.
Grilled Pineapple Mango Salsa
2 (1/2-inch thick) slices of fresh pineapple
1 mango, peeled and cut small cubes
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Sprinkle of salt
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Add the sliced pineapple and grill for about 2 minutes on each side, or until nice grill marks develop.
- Remove to plate and set aside to cool.
- When the pineapple is cooled, cut into small chunks.
- Toss together the pineapple, mango, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, and salt. Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with pretzel chips or use as a salsa on top of your favorite fish or chicken.