A restaurant-worthy Healthy Shrimp Tower… made in your kitchen!
Doesn’t this Healthy Shrimp Tower look like something that only an experienced chef could make? Good news, it’s not! This recipe really only takes a few minutes to prepare and is a super healthy weeknight dinner option, or it can be lunch too. If the structure of the Healthy Shrimp Tower looks too difficult for you to recreate, you could just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve. But, we do love the pretty presentation that is the result of stacking all the ingredients! We also love that this recipe uses shrimp, which is a March Foods of the Month.
What is the secret to getting the “tower” look? A measuring cup! Packing all the ingredients into a measuring cup makes this perfectly compact shrimp and brown rice tower. To save time, purchase precooked, tailed removed small shrimp and precooked brown rice. You will love the speed and ease of recreating this delicious and gorgeous meal in your own kitchen.
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup shrimp, precooked and ready to eat
- 1 tsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Splash of soy sauce (optional)
- Assemble all your ingredients in front of you.
- Mix the cucumber and the mayonnaise together.
- Using a round measuring cup with a handle, start to assemble your tower. It will be backwards. Use a spoon to firmly pack down the cucumber and mayonnaise miture. Next, add the avocado, then the shrimp. Use the spoon again to make sure they are packed in tightly.
- Finally, add the brown rice, again using the spoon to make sure that everything is packed in tightly.
- Carefully and quickly flip over the measuring cup with the ingredients onto a plate. If you packed it tightly enough, you will get a layer tower like the photograph.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and add an optional splash of soy sauce. Enjoy!