The Perfect Weeknight Meal is…
Chicken! Many people love this lean meat for its tasty flavor and versatility. Chicken is an excellent option for beginner chefs because it is so easy to prepare. Weeknights can be crazy so the easier the dinner recipe, the better. Enter our recipe for One Pan Chicken and Veggies. We promise that it does not get much simpler than this for a healthy, satisfying and complete meal!
For One Pan Chicken and Veggies, or any other recipes involving chicken, it is a great idea to purchase the chicken in bulk if your budget allows. Freeze the chicken first. Then, thaw in the refrigerator 48 hours before you plan to cook the meal. When you have the meat on hand already, not only is it cost effective, but it makes preparing your dinner that much easier. For the vegetables, this recipe uses red potatoes and green beans but you can serve whatever is in the fridge (tomatoes, broccoli, carrots or sweet potatoes work well). It takes minutes to prepare, and is hot and ready on the table in under 30 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier for a home cooked meal.
View our Foods of the Month Kit for more simple, tasty and healthy recipes. There are excellent ideas for making healthy foods a part of your daily routine and involving the whole family in learning about nutrition!
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, skin removed
- 4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Herbs for garnishing (we used rosemary)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the center of the pan.
- Next, add the potato chunks and green beans around the chicken in one layer.
- Drizzle the chicken and veggies with the extra virgin olive oil. Add the salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot!