Yummy popcorn goes great with whatever football game you are watching! Half the fun of popcorn is hearing it actually pop and smelling the delicious popcorn smell. Adding unhealthy toppings to popcorn (like lots of salt and butter) can turn this tasty treat from healthy to unhealthy.
Did you know that popcorn is actually considered a whole grain? To keep this snack healthy, check out our super-tasty recipe below (and trust us, this is GOOD!)!
1 bag of plain popcorn, no added flavors
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, mashed
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place popcorn in the microwave and cook according to directions.
- While popcorn is popping, heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden-brown (not long!).
- Add popcorn to the skillet and toss, coating all popcorn in the olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Put popcorn in a large bowl and spring with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.