It’s always a good idea to start fresh in the new year! Whether you’re new to OWG or a veteran working in the school-based setting, we thought we’d share a few ideas to get the year started off on the right foot. We find that if you take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with everything again and get yourself re-energized, the excitement for the program will resurface!
Check out these suggestions for a great start to 2014:
- Assess your materials – Determine that you have everything you need! You may need to reorder student activity books or even replace those WISERCISE! calendar/sticker sets! If visuals help, browse our online catalog, or to order more product, visit our online store. We even still have a 20% discount available off your entire purchase. Use coupon code HH20 upon checkout!
- Schedule a meeting with your principal or school wellness committee – Ask them for feedback on the program and assess the overall “healthy climate” of the school. Brainstorm ideas on ways to improve in the new year.
- Think about potential funding – Would you like to expand the program? Do you wish you could do more food tastings? Would you like to be able to give kids more incentives? There are many funding sources out there to help combat childhood obesity. Send us an email as we may be able to help connect you to some solid options!
- Create fun challenges – Which class can consume the most fruits and vegetables during lunch for a given week? Month? Which class can perform the most WISERCISE lessons? There are so many ways to make healthy choices fun for kids!
- Utilize available educator tools – For lots of free resources, visit the Educator Tool tab on our website! From lesson plans to live trainings and more, it is definitely worth checking out!
- Spread the word – Additional resources such as coloring and activity sheets are found on our Kid’s Page. Make sure to share this site, along with our Kid’s Blog, with all of your students so they can take advantage of the fun as well!
Please contact us for any questions you may have regarding your materials or the program in general! We are happy to help! Here’s to a happy AND healthy 2014!!
What is your favorite OWG resource?