Need an idea for a quick vegetable side dish this summer? Cook sliced peppers (a June Foods of the Month), and other chopped vegetables in foil packets and bake in the oven. These pepper foil packets can be easily transferred to your plate and served alongside chicken, fish, or lean meats – perfect for a summer barbecue!
2 green peppers, sliced thin
2 zucchini, sliced thin
2 summer squash, sliced thin
2 cups green beans, ends removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 12 x 12 sheets of aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and garlic to a bowl and toss with the extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Use a measuring cup to distribute 1 cup of vegetables into the center of each aluminum foil sheet. Sprinkle the veggies with additional salt and pepper (if desired).
- Next, fold the sides of the aluminum foil together to create a sealed packet.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, until the veggies are tender.