In March, stem vegetables like rhubarb, are an OrganWise Guys Foods of the Month. Last week, we used rhubarb to make these tasty yogurt popsicles. Both the popsicles and this week’s parfait are made with our rhubarb puree, which is incredible easy to make. We love that this puree is so versatile. Simply make a big batch and use it for all your future rhubarb recipes.
1 cup chopped rhubarb (about 2 stalks)
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. honey
1/2 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup granola
2 strawberries, chopped (or another type of berry, if you prefer)
For the Puree:
1. Pour water into a pot on medium-high heat. Simmer chopped rhubarb for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. The hot water will begin to warm the rhubarb so it breaks apart, creating a puree.
2. Add honey to rhubarb puree and stir.
3. Remove pot from heat and let cool for about 20 minutes.
For the Parfait:
1. After the puree has cooled, begin making your parfait by layering the remaining ingredients.
2. Start with the granola as your first layer, then add yogurt, rhubarb and strawberries in a repeating fashion until your bowl or cup is filled.
Makes 1 serving. Prep time 10 minutes. Cooking time 20 minutes.