Try this colorful and healthy dish as a light lunch or a side!
8 asparagus spears, hard ends cut off
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus spears and place in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Roast asparagus for 10-12 minutes.
- While asparagus is cooking, heat a nonstick pan on medium high heat on the stovetop. Crack the egg onto the heated pan.
- Cook the egg until the clear part of the egg starts to bubble, then flip the egg using a spatula.
- Fold the edges of the egg so it looks like a square (may require a few folds).
- When the egg is cooked to the consistency you like, remove it from the heat and set the pan aside.
- Remove asparagus from oven, and place the egg on top of the asparagus.