Happy New Year! We kick off January featuring cruciferous vegetables as a Foods of the Month! Cauliflower is a type of cruciferous vegetable. Eat this veggie as a snack with this cauliflower popper recipe – a healthy alternative to french fries!
Roasted Cauliflower and Parmesan Poppers
2 heads of cauliflower
1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Wash the cauliflower, then cut into small pieces, and dry gently with a towel.
- Add the cauliflower pieces to a large zip lock bag, and then pour in the extra-virgin olive oil, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Close the bag, then shake gently to thoroughly coat each piece.
- Place cauliflower pieces onto a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, turning periodically so they cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!