Eat your root vegetables (a December Foods of the Month)! Roasting root vegetables like carrots and onions is the easiest way to get more of these vitamin-rich foods into your diet. By cooking in extra-virgin olive oil, these veggies also get a little added good fats to keep you feeling fuller longer.
Roasted Root Vegetables
2 chopped carrots (Another root veggie!)
1 medium chopped onion
1/8 cup olive oil
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Season with your favorite spices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks.
- Place in a medium bowl and drizzle oil over top. Add seasonings and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Spread an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Check a few vegetables to see if they are ready.
Makes 4 Servings