Buffalo Chicken = Party Food
Buffalo chicken is the epitome of party food, especially during football season! Buffalo chicken wings, buffalo chicken sandwiches, salads, etc. The list goes on! Buffalo chicken dip is typically prepared in a not so healthy way. Think cream cheese, lots of cheese, very little vegetables, and only a little bit of chicken. The main thing that you are really eating in most buffalo chicken dip is heavy dairy products and not much else! We wanted to change this so we came up with a recipe for buffalo chicken dip… made in a slow cooker! Having slow cooker buffalo chicken dip not only saves you time in the kitchen (mainly because the chicken cooks itself in the slow cooker), but this recipe is also a way to enjoy the buffalo chicken dip without extra added fats. Plus, we added veggies like celery and carrots to give this dip a nice crunch and a pop of color. Make this for your upcoming Super Bowl party; it will be a hit!
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. low fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- Blue cheese, for topping
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the water and cook on high for 3 hours.
- After the chicken has cooked, remove it from the slow cooker, shred and return to slow cooker.
- Add in the sour cream, yogurt, cheese, and mix together. Next, add the hot sauce and mix again. Finally, add the celery and carrots and mix all ingredients together.
- If the dip needs to be warmed up, or you are not serving immediately, turn the slow cooker back to "keep warm" for up to 1 hour (any longer and the vegetables will start to become soggy).
- When it's time to serve the dip, transfer to a dish, top with blue cheese, and dig in!