Muffins are a great weekend treat for family breakfast. Here’s a healthy idea for blueberry ones since it’s National Blueberry Month!
4 tbsp butter, softened
½ cup sugar
¾ cups Greek yogurt
½ tsp lemon zest
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup whole wheat white flour
¼ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the blueberries, and stir until mixed together. The dough will be very thick. Next, add the blueberries into the mixture, stirring very gently so you do not break too many of the berries.
- Using an ice cream scooper or a spoon, scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check that they are done (stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin; if clean when removed, the muffins are ready).
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve for breakfast or a snack.