Who loves pizza?!?! We do! With tomatoes and whole grains, this whole grain pita pizza is the PERFECT September Foods of the Month entree. Make this healthy pita pizza for dinner tonight – we guarantee that you and your kids won’t be sorry!
Whole Grain Pita Pizza
2 round whole grain pitas
3/4 cup (~6 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped vegetables (onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, olives – your choice!)
Extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay pitas on a flat surface. Spread half of the sauce on each pita round.
- If you are using chopped fresh spinach, add it now, before the cheese, so it won’t dry out too much.
- Top each with cheese and then vegetables.Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes on cookie sheet. Enjoy your whole grain pita pizzas fresh out of the oven!
Makes 2 Servings
PS – Are you a Foods of the Month member yet? If not, get our Foods of the Month kit to sign up for more monthly recipes like this one!