Today is World Kindness Day. Regardless of where you live in the world, make the effort to do at least one simple act of kindness today. The timing of this celebration is perfect with the holiday season fast approaching. People get caught up in the craziness that the season typically brings and forget what the season is truly about. After all, it is supposed to be the season of giving, right? What a great way to bring your family together and teach your kids about generosity and doing nice things for others!
Here are some of our favorite random acts of kindness ideas:
- Leave a generous tip – If you can afford to, how about leaving a larger tip than normal … you will be the talk of the waiters and waitresses that shift!
- Pay it forward – Buy the coffee or meal for the person in line behind you with one stipulation, make sure and tell them to pay it forward!
- Offer a compliment – It doesn’t always have to be something monetary. Sometimes telling someone that you like their new haircut or outfit can make their day!
- Lend a hand – Help someone who has their hands full by getting the door ahead of them, or if you see someone having car problems (and you know something about cars!), help them out!
- Email a friend – Take a few minutes and send an email (or better yet an actual letter!) to someone you have not been in contact with and tell them your favorite things about your friendship or other positive things about that person. This unexpected note will be sure to make them smile!
- Volunteer – Find a cause near and dear to your heart and either volunteer for the day, or you can even make a donation!
So if you have been thinking of doing something nice for someone lately, today is the day! You can also get some great ideas here!
So tell us, what random acts of kindness have you done for others?