Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and if you are still trying to figure out what you can do for your kiddos, look no further. We realize the holiday is typically met with sugar, chocolate and more sugar, but hopefully, you can reduce the sugar intake and celebrate love instead!
Here are some fun ideas for you to do with your kids that won’t result in a sugar rush, but instead lots of love and gracious hugs:
- Fix a special breakfast – Throw together some whole wheat pancakes and grab a heart-shaped cookie cutter – instead of adding syrup, slice some fresh strawberries and even add a little honey on top. Click here to see how OrganWise mom, Karen McNamara, cooked up a special Valentine’s breakfast for her kids at home!
- Make it festive – Decorate your dining room or kitchen with pink and red streamers, balloons, Valentine’s plates, heart-shaped confetti and matching napkins.
- Express your love – Take extra time to tell your kids how much they mean to you because really the biggest thing that kids need to know is that they are loved!
- Plan a special family night – Try going out with your significant other on a different night and plan a fun-loving family night. Make healthy heart-shaped pizzas, have a dance party, or make it a game or puzzle night. The possibilities are endless!
- Prepare a healthy treat – Strawberries already have the natural shape of a heart, so make strawberry/banana kabobs and serve them in a red cup. We have some other fun ideas on our Pinterest board, HolidayWise. Or, if you are looking for a more typical dessert, try our healthy, but tasty recipe for cheesecake bites.
The bottom line is that the experiences made during these special times are what the kids (and you) are going to remember! So make this year a memorable one and swap out the sugar for some sweet memories![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]