Spicy buffalo cauliflower is a healthy take on fried buffalo chicken wings. The best part about both of these treats is the spicy kick you get when you eat them! It really doesn’t matter whether or not it’s a veggie covered in spicy sauce or chicken, in our opinion. The great thing about this recipe is that since the cauliflower is less filling and greasy than fried chicken, you can eat lots more of it. And you can feel great about eating these tasty buffalo cauliflower bites because they are loaded with fiber and Vitamin C and are very low in fat. Serve with some carrots and celery during your upcoming Super Bowl Party for a delicious veggie plate!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil over medium heat on the stovetop. Once melted, mix in the hot sauce and the garlic powder. Stir to combine, then set aside.
- After the cauliflower has finished cooking, let it cool then transfer to a plastic bag, Add the hot sauce mixture and shake to coat the cauliflower.
- Return cauliflower to baking sheet, then cook for an addition 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, with blue cheese dressing and veggies on the side.
- Tip: For the easiest way to cut a whole head of cauliflower into florets, watch this video! http://www.marthastewart.com/967596/how-cut-cauliflower